NATHAN Graham says he will be needing a new pair of shorts after they were covered in the blood of his latest opponent Steve Spence in London on Friday night.
The 29-year-old boxer had been due to fight Robert Lloyd Taylor at the Troxy Limehouse with a view to setting up a British title fight.
But his opponent pulled out at the 11th hour with Graham accusing him of ‘bottling it again’.
Steve Spence stepped in to fill Taylor’s gloves late last week.
And Graham stayed true to his word that he would be taking his frustrations out on whoever replaced Taylor with a complete demolition job, which culminated in breaking his rival’s nose on the way to winning all four rounds.
“I enjoyed myself, I really enjoyed the fight, I just went out there and had fun,” said Graham as he was resting up back home in Aylesbury this week.
“It was a very confident display and I controlled the whole fight.
“I barely remember him hitting me, if he did hit me at all.
“He was taunting me and things like that but what I will say is I have to give it to him because he is a tough lad.
“I caught him with some big shots and it was the most blood I have ever seen come out of a nose, it was all over me as well to the point where my corner thought I’d been cut.
“But I didn’t and don’t have a mark on me, not one.
“I will probably be needing some new shorts, though,” he added.
Graham, ranked 23rd welterweight in the UK with a record of 13 wins (five knockout) and just three defeats, hopes to fight again on June 2.
He saved the last word for his fans and team: “I have to thank the fans again for their support, they came all the way down and cheered me on.
“And I must thank Wes Ogle for his training sessions at Nuffield as well as my dad, Pegasus and my uncle Ibraheem as well.”