Winger coup for FC as club sign up trio

Jerome Federico with FC chairman Danny Martone and boss Craig Faulconbridge   PHOTO:
Jerome Federico with FC chairman Danny Martone and boss Craig Faulconbridge PHOTO:

Aylesbury FC have bolstered their squad with three new signings who were given a run out in a pre-season match against Buckingham at the weekend.

Jerome Federico, Romaine Walker and Ronayne Marsh-Brown have all put pen to paper for the forthcoming season.

Speedy winger Federico is quite a coup for Craig Faulconbridge. The former Wycombe Wanderers and Woking man has played league football and had a trial spell at Stevenage Borough in League One. He reportedly turned down a contract from Norwich City to join Wycombe as a youngster but was released by the Chairboys at the end of the 2010–11 season.

Jerome arrives at FC following spells at Hayes and Yeading United, Hendon and Northwood.

Meanwhile, on the other wing for the Moles next season will be Romaine Walker, a teammate of Federico’s from Northwood.

At just 20, Walker has already played 105 games scoring 17 goals and was named his former club’s young player of the year in 2012.

Completing the trio is a player that needs no introduction to FC fans, as Ronayne Marsh-Brown impressed last season in two spells at the Affinity and is back for a second season.

And the new players were put through their paces alongside a good proportion of last year’s experienced Southern League squad in a 2-1 friendly win over Buckingham on Saturday.

A number of trial players also got a run out in the friendly. Playing on the practice pitches at Haywood Way, the home side took the lead thanks to an instant impact from Federico who smashed home a low shot eight minutes in.

FC increased their lead on the stroke of half-time when the prolific Brian Haule bundled the home after a melee in the box.

FC boss Faulconbridge used the second half to have a look at some new faces.

Buckingham, who were also giving a game to a number of new faces, came into the match more as a result and it was a much more even affair.

Although there were chances for both teams it seemed the half would be goalless especially as the game was played in sweltering heat.

But the visitors pulled one back in the last minute to make the final score 2-1.