UPDATED: Second Aylesbury vandal sentenced for damaging vehicles

Niall Pearce leaves Aylesbury Magistrates' Court
Niall Pearce leaves Aylesbury Magistrates' Court

Two vandals who caused thousands of pounds of damage to parked vehicles after a drunken night out have been ordered to do hundreds of hours of community service.

Niall Pearce and Alexander Goodridge, from Aylesbury, were involved in an incident which saw £6,205 of damage done to 17 cars in Tring Road.

The pair pleaded guilty to 17 counts of criminals damage and were given hefty fines and community service when sentenced at Aylesbury Magistrates’ Court on Monday.

Pearce, 19, and 21 year old Goodridge went out with friends to The Bell, Niche and Mirage on the night of Friday, November 16, before walking out of town along Tring Road in the early hours, when the vehicles were vandalised.

The damage, which included broken wing mirrors and kicked panels, ranged in value from £17 to just over £2,000.

As the vehicles were being damaged, five people called the police and Pearce, Goodridge and two other youths were arrested.

Peter Bird, prosecuting, told the court it was not clear what damage was done by which person.

Daniel Martin, defending Pearce, told Aylesbury Magistrates’ Court that before the incident the defendant had feared he had bowel cancer and had gone out celebrating after finding out it was instead Crohn’s disease.

Mr Martin said: “That is a decision Mr Pearce has come to regret.”

Sentencing Pearce, Magistrate Keith Gray said what happened was a ‘very serious matter’ that had affected a lot of people.

Mr Gray said: “We can’t dilute in any way the impact that this has had on those people.”

Goodridge, of Cottesloe Road, was due to be sentenced in the morning but arrived late at court. He was told he must pay £1,551 in compensation, complete 200 hours of unpaid work and was given a community order for a year.

Pearce, of Granville Street, was ordered to pay compensation of £1,541 and must carry out 120 hours of unpaid work. He was also given a community order for a year.

Two other men charged in relation to the incident have denied being involved and are due to stand trial on August 23.