CONTROVERSIAL plans to build a new housing estate between Aylesbury and Waddesdon have been put on hold.
The fate of the bid to build 2,745 homes in Fleet Marston had been set to be decided on Wednesday.
But politicians were told they could not reach a meaningful decision – because transport chiefs at County Hall had not reached a final ruling on the scheme’s impact on traffic.
The meeting happened the day after cabinet members at Aylesbury Vale District Council said the Vale needs 9,000 new homes and 6,000 new jobs by 2031 – on top of plans which have already been approved.
Explaining the delay with Fleet Marston, Marcus Rogers, head of planning at Bucks County Council, said officers had been working late into the night to do traffic assessment work.
He said: “I didn’t feel we had sufficient time, so we’ve continued with our holding objection and request a deferral until we’ve been able to fully complete our technical work.”
Objector Jenny Connor, from campaign group Save The Vale, said the bid included a ‘devastating’ number of houses’.
Mike Taylor, speaking for developers, said: “We’re confident the highways issues can be resolved.”
Members of the strategic development control committee voted unanimously in favour of deferring the bid until June.