Tough time for bobsleigh star at Worlds
Great Britain bobsleigh star Nikki McSweeney endured a difficult World Championships in Switzerland last week as she finished 20th out of 22 teams.
Alongside Mica McNeill, the North Marston woman finished more than seven seconds off gold medal winners Kaillie Humphries and Chelsea Valois of Canada.
The pair showed improvment with every run, though, in Moritz. In the first run they clocked 1min 10.12secs and shaved 0.32secs off that time to go down in 1:09.80 on run two. They took nearly a whole second off on the third run (1:08.96) and saved the best until last with 1:08.64 on run four for a combined total of 4:37.52.
Nikki is now focused on a Winter Olympic test event.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Dixon to guest present ITV slot
- £16 million scheme to improve internet speeds in Bucks reaches milestone next week
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South