Roll on 2013, Chinnor kick off new year in style
Chinnor started 2013 as they left off 2012 with a vintage performance in a 43-22 win over Bournemouth at Kingsey Road.
The win maintained their 100% home record in the SSE National League 2 South as the black-and-whites ran home six tries.
Prior to the game coach Jason Bowers said 2013 would be a brand new year but Chinnor showed no signs of a hangover as they quickly crossed after five minutes through Frank Jones.
The game exploded into life in the 31st minute when Henry Colver set Matt Goode free to touchdown in the corner. However, five minutes later the south coast side pegged Chinnor back with their own try to make it 15-8 at half-time.
From the off a rapid move saw Chinnor’s Leo Fielding glide over in the corner for his first try of the afternoon and a lead of 20-8.
A few minutes later the rampaging Tom Mowbray dashed over.
Bournemouth replied with a try of their own after soft Chinnor defending but it only served to inspire Bowers’ men who added two more tries through Adrian Hales and Fielding before a late consolation from the visitors.
The black-and-whites now travel to Barking on Saturday (kick-off 3pm) seeking their fifth win on the trot.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Dixon to guest present ITV slot
- £16 million scheme to improve internet speeds in Bucks reaches milestone next week
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South