ASTON Clinton F1 racer Mark Webber has moved to deny speculation he has signed a deal to drive for Ferrari next season.
The Stag at Mentmore co-owner has had to quash reports in the Spanish media on Tuesday which indicate a letter of intent may already have been written.
Rumours were also abound that the Italian team’s number one driver Fernando Alonso favours Australian Webber to replace the struggling Felipe Massa.
The reports also said Webber, 35, and with an expiring Red Bull contract, could be signed for a single season ahead of Sergio Perez joining in 2014.
“Sergio was flavour of the month last week for the Ferrari drive, now it’s me,” Webber said at the Mugello test.
“I’m focusing 100 per cent on this season and doing the best job for myself and Red Bull Racing. I’m not putting any energy into anything else.”
Italian reporters also quoted Webber as saying: “There’s a whole season ahead of us before we need to think about the future.
“One day the talk is about Jenson (Button joining Ferrari), then it’s Sergio, now it’s me. I haven’t signed anything.
“My focus is on this team (Red Bull), we’ve had a good start to the season, we’re only four races down and the road is very, very, very long before we start talking about the future.”
The F1 calendar revs back into action in Spain on May 13.