Boxer Nathan Graham’s ‘revenge’ fight against Adam Battle on Sunday at York Hall in Bethnal Green has been cancelled after he tore his hamstring.
Aylesbury boxer Graham injured himself when stretching after training.
He said: “I was stretching and I just felt something snap. It’s frustrating.
“I’ve done all the work I hate doing and I was just getting to the bit I like doing.
“I’m not impressed but everything happens for a reason. I’ve just got to keep my head up and get on with it.”
Graham was due to face Battle after controversially losing out to him for the International Light Middleweight Masters belt in September last year. The 30 year old and his corner were furious at the 96-95 result.
Graham added: “I was only taking the fight because I wanted revenge. I didn’t need to fight this one.”
In the previous fight with Battle, Graham and his corner sought out the decision makers afterwards for an explanation and the fighter labelled the decision a ‘joke’.
The former Aylesbury United player said he has spent the past week resting.
He added: “I’ve been off a week now and I’m bored. I’ve got to rest for a couple of weeks and then see how it goes. I’m back walking properly now though, which is good.”
Graham said he was sorry to disappoint fans who had bought tickets for the bout.
However, he has now turned his attentions towards regaining fitness and the vacant British title.
“I’m in line for that,” the 30-year-old said. “It’s one of my ambitions. I’m leaving it down to my management team to sort out what I am doing.
“I am a fighter and they know I’m happy to fight anybody, anywhere, any time.”
Graham said he was unsure whether the fight with Battle would be rescheduled.
He also thanked Pegasus Gym and Nuffield Gym for supporting him with his training in the past few months.