Williams is the hero in cup win
Following three weeks on the sidelines because of the weather Rangers returned with a gruelling 120-minute 4-2 win over Tring Corinthians in the Division 2 Cup second round.
On a pitch that sapped the energy of even the fittest, Rangers twice led 1-0 and 2-1 through goals from Brad Common and skipper Andy Hird.
But on neither occasion could they make their lead stick, being pegged back in both halves.
Extra-time proved to be the turning point as the evergreen Ben Williams came on as substitute to score two goals in the last seven minutes to see Rangers into the semi final and a trip to Broxbourne Borough. The reserves after suffering four straight defeats came away with a point from a 2-2 draw at third placed Oxhey Jets.
Centre half Sam Jones scored both Rangers goals in a much needed boost.
Risborough are due to play Pitstone & Ivinghoe today (kick-off 2.30pm).
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Women revel in Race for Life at Waddesdon Manor
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Tetsworth
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Matt Adcock’s film review: The Great Gatsby
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North