Great Scott! Referee Luke gets dream Dallas Cup call
A referee from Stoke Mandeville has been especially selected to represent the Football Association at the 2013 Dallas Cup International Youth Football Tournament in the USA.
Luke Scott got the call-up for the prestigious event which is staged over a week, ending on Easter Sunday.
More than 180 teams participate and they include some of the World’s premier clubs such as Tigre’s (Mexico), Eintracht Frankfurt, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Cameroon National U19s and Boca Juniors (Argentina).
Luke said: ‘When I found out my first emotion was excitement. Having listened to a presentation from the selected referee last season, I knew it was a once in a lifetime experience, and an experience which would also be priceless in terms of development.
“I was delighted to have been selected and extremely grateful to the FA.”
- ‘I’m not prepared to do this job and drive 600 miles a week’: Police chief defends expenses and ‘chauffeur’
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
- Singer 'fine' after new car drama
- Four Thame companies are the pick of the bunch
- ‘She will be greatly missed’: Family’s tribute to grandmother killed in car crash
- TV show gives Long Crendon family a property boost
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Producer hoping for roaring success in Ice Age documentary
- Dreams can come true: Aylesbury boy Emmerson Boyce lifts the FA Cup for Wigan
- Boot made in Aylesbury could save millions of diabetic people from foot amputations
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east