Chinnor ready to welcome old rivals for tough afternoon
After a superb year Chinnor RFC’s coach is hoping they will begin 2013 in similar style when they host Bournemouth in the SSE National League 2 South on Saturday.
The black-and-whites have made a flying start to life in a higher division this season and sit sixth at the halfway stage.
And Jason Bowers said he is looking forward to welcoming the south coast side, who were also promoted last year, to Kingsey Road (kick-off 2.30pm).
He said:“The games between us have always been a lot of fun. We have been in the same league a number of years.
“And it’s pitting us against each other again. It’s a very different side the one we played against last year.
“They have individuals who can cause problems but anyone who comes here gets a tough afternoon.”
Chinnor have not been in action since they beat Taunton Titans on December 15 but Bowers will be looking to continue their three-game winning run.
“It’s been a pretty quiet Christmas. But we’ve had a couple of training sessions and we’re looking forward to Bournemouth.”
Reflecting on 2012 the boss said the club had surpassed all their early season expectations.
He added: “The aspiration was to stay in the league but not just that but to finish as high up the table as we can.
“We’ve realised we can beat a few teams as well.”
Despite an excellent 2012 Bowers said that will count for nothing when for this year.
He said: “We have played everyone now which makes it more challenging.”
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
- White hot Ellen fires Gunners in FA Cup thumping
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West