Black out as Hurricanes falter late on
Thame Hurricanes came up short in a close fought battle with the All Blacks Ferns as they let a lead slip to lose 29-20 last weekend.
A strong start from Hurricanes saw some clever passing and good court play put them 6-4 ahead.
Slowly but surely, though, the All Blacks pegged them back and at half-time it was 11-11.
The away side found another gear in the third quarter unsettling Hurricanes and finally stealing a lead to head into the final quarter 16-20 up.
There was no looking back from that point on as the All Blacks saw the game out to leave Thame bitterly disappointed by a poor second half performance.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Women revel in Race for Life at Waddesdon Manor
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Tetsworth
- SLIDESHOW: Music in the Park rocks Thame
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west