American football club seeking fresh players from the Aylesbury Vale
One of Britain’s longest established American football clubs is on the hunt for players from Aylesbury Vale and beyond as they head into a new season.
The Watford Cheetahs, who feature a number of players from Aylesbury and the surrounding area, kicked off their preparations for the 2013 Senior season with an early pre-season start and are looking forward to a stronger showing in the British American Football Association (BAFA) National League this time out.
The club, which is based at is aiming for a push towards the playoffs and possible promotion to the BAFA Premiership.
After week two of pre-season training, senior squad head coach Nik Maxey said there is plenty of time to get involved.
He said: “With seven months until the start of the Senior League season, the Cheetahs are already in training for 2013. We have off season scrimmages with several teams planned, as well as two pre-season games provisionally booked, two combines, and a training camp.”
The Cheetahs want all new and experienced local players, coaches and staff to get involved with their fast-growing and exciting programme. The Cheetahs first Rookie Day for Youth and Juniors and the only Rookie Day for Seniors, is being held on November 4 at their new home ground at Queen School Sporting Academy.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
- White hot Ellen fires Gunners in FA Cup thumping
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 26 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 3 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North