A large fire broke out at G S Motors in Smeaton Close on Tuesday evening.
Eight fire crews and more than 40 firefighters battled to tackle the blaze in the six-unit building which started just after 6.30pm as dozens of people watched it unfold.
The fire has caused severe damage to G S Motors and a number of vehicles inside the unit but no one was hurt. It is likely the whole unit will have to be replaced.
The owners of the car service garage were visibly distressed and one said: “We’ve just lost our entire livelihood.”
An eyewitness said: “It started off as just a bit of smoke and then it just went up. It took about 10 minutes and it was gone.”
There was speculation the fire started initially from a car fuel leak but this has not been confirmed.
Owner of Aylesbury Lock & Key Centre, Toby Guest said his shop and unit had been badly damaged.
“We’ve got no phones working, no electric and no shop. We’ve got no office upstairs because of the fire damage and we have been flooded. We have got nothing at the moment. But what can you do? At least everyone is OK.”
Mr Guest said it was lucky that the wall and ceiling in his unit had not collapsed and that they would need to replace the shop.
Despite the difficulties Mr Guest assured customers that the centre, which employs 14 people, is still running.
Bucks Fire and Rescue group manager Richard Priest said: “The first crews were quickly at the scene and the fire was threatening to spread to the adjoining units.
“They prevented it from breaking through, but the other units have been partially affected by heat, smoke and water. Relief crews have remained at the scene throughout the night, and we will be doing everything we can to help the businesses that have been affected by this fire to get back to normal as quickly as possible.”
Station manager Dean Elliott, the incident commander, said: “I would like to praise the work of the crews, who kept the fire contained and protected the neighbouring businesses.”
A fire spokesman said they had received 25 separate calls regarding the fire and the majority of crews were able to leave the scene by about 11pm.