Residents in Winslow could soon have more control over development in the town.
Winslow Town Council has applied under the Local ism Act to designate it as a neighbourhood area.
It is the first towards the town council developing its own neighbourhood plan which sets out how much development there should be and where it goes.
The blueprint can form part of Aylesbury Vale District Council’s wider planning policy.
Councillor Carole Paternoster, district council cabinet Member for strategic planning, said: “I am pleased that the community of Winslow have made this move and welcome the opportunity to work closely with local people to identify ways to achieve their ambitions.
“Neighbourhood planning is all about bringing people together to influence the community in which they live and work.”
People are invited to comment on the application by Monday February 18, before a decision is made by the district council.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
- Countess takes over as Bucks charity chairman
- Update: Missing man found
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North