Four men have now been arrested after a man was stabbed on Wednesday evening in Aylesbury’s Market Square.
Police said a fight broke out between two men at 5.15pm before three other men became involved.
The fight led to one man, believed to be in 20s, being stabbed with an unidentified object.
South Central Ambulance Service tended to the man at the scene and hospital treatment was not required.
Thames Valley Police confirmed officers arrested a 19-year-old man on suspicion of GBH over three hours later at 8.40pm before adding later today (Thursday) that three further men, who are aged 27, 25 and 29, are being held for affray.
All four remain in police custody.
Investigating officer Sgt Simon Johnson said: “This was at a time when a lot of people would have been around in the centre of Aylesbury.
“I would appeal to anyone who may have seen the disturbance to get in touch with police.”
Anyone with information should contact Sgt Johnson on 101.
The incident caused a stir on Twitter. One user, Clair Godfrey said: “See them taking police tape down. What is Aylesbury coming to?”
- ‘I’m not prepared to do this job and drive 600 miles a week’: Police chief defends expenses and ‘chauffeur’
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
- Singer 'fine' after new car drama
- Four Thame companies are the pick of the bunch
- ‘She will be greatly missed’: Family’s tribute to grandmother killed in car crash
- TV show gives Long Crendon family a property boost
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Dreams can come true: Aylesbury boy Emmerson Boyce lifts the FA Cup for Wigan
- Boot made in Aylesbury could save millions of diabetic people from foot amputations
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east