An Aylesbury man has been charged with the murder of a missing woman.
Christopher Symons, 63, of Thackeray End, was charged with one count of murder by police last night in connection with the disappearance of Patricia Goodband.
Police also charged another man, Robert Taft, 59, of Kings Close, Westcott, with one count of perverting the course of justice.
Both men were remanded in custody and will appear before Aylesbury Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Ms Goodband, who also uses the surname Roberts, has not been seen for a month. Her daughter reported the 76 year old missing on January 9.
Police are continuing to search the properties of the two charged men and Ms Goodband’s Woodham home as part of the investigation.
Det Supt Chris Ward, who is leading the inquiry, said yesterday: “We know Patricia used her bank card on December 17 but we are attempting to establish her movements following this date.
“If anyone has information on Patricia or has seen or heard from her following December 17 I would urge them to call my team as soon as possible.”
Ms Goodband is white, 5ft 5ins and has short brown hair.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org
- ‘I’m not prepared to do this job and drive 600 miles a week’: Police chief defends expenses and ‘chauffeur’
- UPDATED: Aylesbury councillor apologises for ‘murderous Tories’ Twitter slur
- Singer 'fine' after new car drama
- Four Thame companies are the pick of the bunch
- ‘She will be greatly missed’: Family’s tribute to grandmother killed in car crash
- TV show gives Long Crendon family a property boost
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Producer hoping for roaring success in Ice Age documentary
- Dreams can come true: Aylesbury boy Emmerson Boyce lifts the FA Cup for Wigan
- Boot made in Aylesbury could save millions of diabetic people from foot amputations
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 11 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North