A woman was lucky to escape without serious injuries after being bottled at an Aylesbury pub.
Police were called by the ambulance service at 12.18am on Sunday morning following reports a woman had been hit in the face with a bottle in the New Zealand pub in Buckingham Road.
The 26 year old was taken to Stoke Mandeville Hospital for treatment to a cut to her face and has since been discharged.
Two women, both aged 22, were arrested on suspicion of causing GBH. They have since been released on bail until April 1.
Det Con Vince Higgins, who is investigating the incident, said: “The victim sustained a cut to her face and it was fortunate she was not more seriously injured.
“The pub was busy at the time of the incident and there are a number of witnesses who have not yet come forward. I would urge anyone who was in the pub and witnessed the incident to contact me.”
Anyone with any information should contact Det Con Higgins by calling 101. If you wish to remain anonymous you can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
- White hot Ellen fires Gunners in FA Cup thumping
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 26 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 3 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North