Topshop has officially confirmed it will be opening a store in Aylesbury.
Rumours have been circulating since Friars Square announced a ‘leading international fashion brand’ would be occupying the main unit in its new cental pavilion which is currently being built.
The store has now confirmed it will be opening a store in the shopping centre in October.
Topshop will occupy the main 5,000sq ft store in the £2 million redevelopment and sell men and women’s clothes.
Andy Margieson, Friars Square centre manager, said: “This commitment is another strong fashion statement for Friars Square coming on top of the opening H&M’s major new store and following on from Blue Inc’s arrival. It will set a new standard for our fashion offer and extend the choice for customers even further.”
A number of the existing retailers, including Network News and the Fragrance Shop will continue trading in Friars Square during the development and open new stores in the pavilion.
Sharon Bloodworth, of Friars Square asset manager Grosvenor, said it was ‘fantastic news’.
She said: “We’re investing heavily to improve the shopping environment and offer in Friars Square. We’ve improved the main mall from Market Square with H&M and now we’re transforming the central square with a stunning glass pavilion and new fascias and frontages.
“Having another leading fashion brand in the central space and the new H&M in the mall to add to our improving retail line-up will be fantastic and we’re working on attracting even more great brands to Friars Square.”
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Dixon to guest present ITV slot
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South