Toilets in the town centre are being abused by people exposing themselves, peeping toms and drug users.
In the police’s Aylesbury Town Centre report, the neighbourhood team identify the toilets in the mutli-storey car park by the Multicultural Centre in Friarage Way as a hotspot for problems.
Police inspector Kelly Glister said: “There’s been a few cases of public decency, exposure, people looking over cubicles.
“Things seem to have calmed down a bit but public toilets always attract inappropriate attention.
“It’s not pleasant if you’re a mum and you have young children and need the loo and there’s needles and other things found in there.”
Insp Glister said the town struggles as there are not enough public toilets but it needs the right balance of putting in new cubicles which are well lit and cannot be abused.
She added: “You can’t have CCTV cameras in the toilets and they are areas where people can hide.
“Public toilets is high on the agenda.”
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Dixon to guest present ITV slot
- £16 million scheme to improve internet speeds in Bucks reaches milestone next week
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South