A Thame hotel has been the first of hundreds to receive a fresh new look designed with customers in mind.
Travelodge’s Sleepy Hollow hotel on Aylesbury Road, Thame, is the first to benefit as part of a £57 million refurbishment programme which sought its customers views before deciding on the design.
In-house interior designer Frances Whitley said: “It has been great working with our customers to design a purpose built room for them. It’s nice to launch it into the world now.
“Interestingly a key thing we learnt were customers now want a high level of coordination between colours, shades, patterns and features.
“They are no longer happy with everything being the same colour. Tastes are moving away from dark shades. They want a clean, fresh and bright colour scheme.”
Ms Whitley, who has designed hotels for 15 years, said it was challenging to provide a good design for budget hotels.
She added: “It’s a good challenge. You can spend a lot of money and create something great but you can also do it with less.”
Travelodge also announced a new brand wide £223 million investment which will lead to the creation of 20 new jobs ranging from customer services, food and beverages to IT jobs at Sleepy Hollow.
CEO Grant Hearn said: “This capital expenditure will help us to grow our business.
“It will strengthen our product offering and make Travelodge the best value hotel chain in the UK.”
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
- White hot Ellen fires Gunners in FA Cup thumping
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 26 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 3 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North