A unique, fresh, hoppy beer is to go on sale in regional pubs, but real ale lovers be warned – you’ve only got a couple of weeks to lap it up.
Thame’s XT brewery has produced a special seasonal beer, Fresh Hop One, which is on sale for a limited time.
The thirst-quencher is so unique because it can only be made in September, with the beer brewed within hours of the hops being picked from the bine.
Brewery owners Russ Taylor and Gareth Xifaras loaded a van full of hops in Herefordshire before rushing back to get brewing.
Not all breweries get in on the act, but Mr Taylor said: “We want to do something a bit different and be a little bit more interesting.”
For a taste head down to The Cross Keys in Thame, The Pheasent in Brill, Long Crendon’s Eight Bells and the Rising Sun in Haddenham, or visit the XT brewery on Saturday mornings from 9.30am to 12.30pm in the next couple of weeks.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Women revel in Race for Life at Waddesdon Manor
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Tetsworth
- SLIDESHOW: Music in the Park rocks Thame
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North