School children will be taking part in a world record attempt where they will use sign language to ‘sing’ a song.
The challenge takes place on Wednesday February 6, with eight Aylesbury schools taking part.
They are Bearbrook Combined, Bedgrove Junior, Broughton Infants, Cuddington and Dinton C of E, MacIntyre School, Oak Green, Stocklake Park and Stoke Mandeville Combined.
Steve Powell, chief executive of the charity SignHealth, said: “So far more than 1,000 schools, including eight from Aylesbury, have registered for sign2sing.
“We understand many of them are already busy practising for the event and we thought it would be fun for teachers and pupils to share videos of their progress via Twitter and Facebook.
“Last year 114,277 children took part in SignHealth’s sign2sing 2012 event and smashed the world record.
“The previous record, which was also set by SignHealth, was 94,489.
“This will be SignHealth’s third sign2sing event and the charity is hoping to involve more than 175,000 youngsters.
“We would also like to remind schools in Aylesbury that they will need to film or photograph their performances on sign2sing day and this can be done using a camera or a mobile phone.
“The videos and photos will be sent to Guinness World Records along with the paperwork, so it can confirm whether we have broken the record.”
For more details visit www.sign2sing.org.uk
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
- White hot Ellen fires Gunners in FA Cup thumping
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West