A devoted father has decided to make saving money for kids easier by setting up a new company.
Graham Thomas, a former Lord Williams’s School pupil, co-founded Join SAM, a digital savings account for kids.
Mr Thomas said he grew tired of how difficult it was to set up a bank account for his own child.
He said: “Banks simply act as repositories for money, offering little or no engagement for having our priceless kids as customers.
“We wanted to create something that empowered kids to save, to be smart with money.”
Join SAM has gone live in the UK this week and allows kids to save money but also spend it at more than 150 family-friendly retailers who are signed up with the company.
There is also an aspect being developed in which kids learn online how to handle future financial decisions.
For more information visit www.joinsam.com
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
- White hot Ellen fires Gunners in FA Cup thumping
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North