As the snow blanketed Thame the last week schoolchildren rejoiced while parents left work early and battled through the wintry conditions.
South Central Ambulance said it had a 31% increase in calls relating to people slipping over compared to the previous weekend.
But it was pleased to see motorists heed its warnings to avoid driving if possible with a minimal increase in calls due to collisions.
It also said it was struggling with receiving inappropriate emergency calls from people such as one person ringing 999 after breaking down on the motorway.
Despite the difficulties one school was revelling in the snow as Aston Rowant battled to open on Monday while countless others did not.
And to make the most of it the school let its children try their hands at a bit of frosty building with an igloo fit for an Inuit king.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Women revel in Race for Life at Waddesdon Manor
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Tetsworth
- SLIDESHOW: Music in the Park rocks Thame
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west