Police are warning residents to be extra vigilant after a number of attempted break-ins across the area over the last week.
Overnight between Friday March 1 and Saturday March 2, thieves attempted to force open a shed door at a property in Windmill Road, Towersey, near Thame.
And between Wednesday February 27 and Saturday March 2, an attempt was also made to gain entry to a garage in Manor Road.
A door lock and bolt were jemmied to try to gain entry. Police said the thieves were unsuccessful in breaking in, though, and nothing was stolen.
Between February 21 and 22 a lock was found damaged on a garage door in Thame Road, Towersey.
A spokesman for the police warned: “Please be extra vigilant. If you have seen any suspicious looking people or vehicles in the area or have any information call 101.”
Alternatively if you have information but wish to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit the website at crimestoppers-uk.org
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
- Countess takes over as Bucks charity chairman
- Update: Missing man found
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North