Visiting restrictions at Stoke Mandeville Hospital have been relaxed following the norovirus outbreak.
The virus has been causing problems for months but unaffected wards are now open to visitors as usual, although restrictions remain in place in some wards.
Bucks Healthcare NHS Trust, which runs the hospital, said it will try to contact a patient’s next of kin to inform them of these restrictions in advance, but if you are unsure please check before visiting by calling the appropriate ward.
It said in a statement: “In exceptional circumstances we may permit a visitor attending an affected ward, providing they contact that ward in advance.
“If you’re visiting our hospitals please help us to reduce the risk of norovirus infections by ensuring you stay away if you have had symptoms of norovirus in the last 48 hours, or have been in contact with someone who has.”
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
- Countess takes over as Bucks charity chairman
- Update: Missing man found
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North