Every year, people make New Year’s resolutions like joining the gym and eating more healthily but how about adding ‘learning another language’ to the list?
Tiny van der Velde, a resident of Thame and speaker of five languages, is starting French and Dutch courses in the New Year at beginner and intermediate level.
She will also start a speaking group at lunchtime and has limited spaces available for GCSE tutoring.
She said: “Learning a language is not only useful and sociable, it also helps keep your brain active.
“In February 2011, research was presented at the American Association for the Advancement of Science showing how learning a second language could help delay Alzheimer’s.
“Many of us enjoy going to France on holiday, but did you know that French is spoken by 220 million people all over the world and is an official language in 29 countries?”
For more information or to buy a 10-week gift voucher, call Tiny on 01844 215690 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Dixon to guest present ITV slot
- £16 million scheme to improve internet speeds in Bucks reaches milestone next week
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South