Chinnor Players raised £2,000 for leukaemia and lymphoma research through its autumn production of Calendar Girls.
The money was raised by selling a Chinnor version of the famous calendar.
A spokesman for the group said: “Without the support of our audience we would not have been able to raise such a substantial amount.”
The Players presented a cheque to a representative of the Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research charity on Saturday January 26 at the village hall.
The presentation was also attended by the leader of the parish council Pat Hayward and the chairman of the Chinnor Village Hall Committee Robin Williams.
Meanwhile, this weekend the players are staging The Sleeping Beauty at the village hall.
For more details visit www.chinnorplayers.co.uk
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
- White hot Ellen fires Gunners in FA Cup thumping
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West