A statue of Ludwig Guttmann will not be moved to Stoke Mandeville Hospital until spring because of the Jimmy Savile scandal.
The Poppa Guttmann Trust unveiled the statue of Paralympics founder last summer at Stoke Mandeville Stadium and hoped to move it by the end of 2012.
Trust chairman, Mike Mackenzie, said: “It has been slightly hard because of the things going on around Stoke.”
Mr Mackenzie said they would hold a ceremony to unveil the statue at the hospital but it would be smaller than last summer’s event at the stadium.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Women revel in Race for Life at Waddesdon Manor
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Tetsworth
- SLIDESHOW: Music in the Park rocks Thame
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North west