The horsemeat scandal has prompted extra testing of meat products across the county.
Oxfordshire County Council’s trading standards team is carrying out tests on behalf of the Food Standards Agency with businesses, retailers and wholesalers that provide food services across the county.
Suppliers who provide meat to Oxfordshire schools are included in the tests.
The results of the tests, which have taken place across 28 authorities, are to due to be ready today (Friday).
Environment secretary Owen Paterson met with supermarket executives earlier this week to discuss how to restore consumer confidence in the wake of the scandal.
Mr Paterson said after the meeting that UK food retailers would be updating ministers on DNA testing on processed beef every three months.
Downing Street has stressed it is up to the food industry to rebuild trust among consumers. Retailers have said they are taking their responsibilities ‘very seriously’.
The scandal emerged last month, when Irish food inspectors said they had found traces of horsemeat in some frozen beefburgers stocked by UK supermarkets including Tesco, Iceland and Lidl. A number of stores and suppliers across the UK and Europe have since removed products labelled as beef.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Dixon to guest present ITV slot
- £16 million scheme to improve internet speeds in Bucks reaches milestone next week
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South