Villagers who rescued a pub popped the champagne on its official relaunch night.
The Russell Arms in Butlers Cross was in a state of disrepair before a group, Friends of the Russell, bought it for £425,000 and rented it to the successful team behind No2 Pound Street in Wendover.
Nicola Grant, who runs the pub with her husband James and their business partner Neil Irvine, said she could not be happier since opening to the public in August.
She said: “Every day we grow in confidence, it’s happy days. We keep an eye on what people say and the feedback we get.
“We know we need to make sure we keep on top of that. That’s really important.”
The fine dining pub offered canapes from its new menu to guests and Mrs Grant said the place was ‘jam packed’ with people.
For more information on the pub visit www.russellarms.co.uk
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Dixon to guest present ITV slot
- £16 million scheme to improve internet speeds in Bucks reaches milestone next week
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South