Free WiFi is to be introduced at a number of Chiltern Railways stations in the next month.
Aylesbury, Stoke Mandeville and Wendover are among 24 stations to benefit from the service, which will give users up to an hour of free connection daily.
Chad Collins, Chiltern Railways head of stations said: “WiFi at our stations is one of the things that our customers have said that they want and we’re delighted to be offering this in partnership with The Cloud at no additional cost to station users.
“We were also the first company to offer free WiFi on all of our longer distance trains.
“The addition of easy-to-access WiFi at stations makes it the perfect environment to travel to and from work.”
Other stations that will benefit include Princes Risborough, Great Missenden and Haddenham and Thame Parkway.
Vince Russell, managing director at The Cloud, which will operate the service, said: “More and more commuters are using smartphones and tablets as they travel to catch up on email, download documents or check social networks.
“People’s behaviour is changing and even a few seconds spent in a waiting room or on a platform is an opportunity for them to check their devices.
“WiFi simply makes that a faster and more enjoyable experience.
“Chiltern Railways has understood this behaviour shift and we expect other rail companies to follow suit.”
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Dixon to guest present ITV slot
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South