An environmental community group is to screen a documentary on exploring why millions of people worldwide go hungry.
Haddenham in Transition will show the documentary, Growing Change, at the Rose & Thistle pub, Station Road on February 19 (8pm).
The documentary follows the filmmaker’s journey through Venezuela and focuses on why current food systems are leaving millions struggling for food.
It also explores how people will manage to feed themselves in future when there are major environmental changes.
Haddenham in Transition is a group intent on making the community more resilient to the threats posed by economic recession and global climate change. They meet every second Thursday of the month at the pub.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Dixon to guest present ITV slot
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West