The Marylebone Cricket Club will not reveal if it is to take action against a member who committed two sexual assaults.
Leslie Smith, of Wendover, was last week stripped of his OBE after being sentenced to 18 months in prison last April.
The club is aware of the conviction, but will not divulge details of disciplinary proceedings.
Abi Carter, the club’s deputy head of media and public affairs, said: “It is simply club policy.
“We never do, irrespective of the member or the details of any proceedings.
“We are a private members’ club and, as such, deal with internal membership matters privately, and due process must be respected.”
The England and Wales Cricket Board, of which Smith is also a member, did not respond to a request for comment.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
- Countess takes over as Bucks charity chairman
- Update: Missing man found
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North