Fancy yourself as the next Monet/ Banksy/ Gilbert and/or George? The Vienna Tourist Board is extending its nationwide hunt to unearth the next big artistic talent.
2012 marks the 150th anniversary of the birth of Gustav Klimt. To commemorate this well-loved and world-renowned Viennese artist, The Vienna Tourist Board is searching for his 21st century successor.
Hopeful entrants must create a Klimt and/or Vienna inspired masterpiece. Although liberal in his approach to subject matter, Klimt believed that square dimensions were essential for the creation of ideal beauty. In recognition of the artist’s legacy, prospective entries must be created in conformance with this.
All submissions must be photographed and uploaded to: www.vienna.info/klimtcontest by 12th August. The general public will then be able to vote for their favoured artwork through the site. Those with the most votes will be shortlisted for consideration by renowned street-art gallery owner Steve Lazarides, and leading Austrian curator, Sydney Odigan, who will select the winning piece.
The lucky winner will receive a weekend trip to Vienna for two, and the chance to experience the rich culture that inspired a fore father of the Art Nouveau movement. Budding artists will receive the added benefit of press exposure following the announcement of the competition.
For T&Cs and to enter, please visit the Vienna Tourist Board website visit vientourismus.codeon.at/en/klimt_illustrated
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Dixon to guest present ITV slot
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West