A body has been found in the search for a missing Vale pensioner.
Police searching for Patricia Goodband, 76, found remains at her home in Woodham, near Waddesdon, yesterday afternoon.
Ms Goodband was first reported missing by her daughter on January 9. She had not been seen since December 17.
The body has been recovered from the site and a post-mortem examination will take place this afternoon.
Det Supt Chris Ward, said: “Patricia’s family have been informed of this latest development in our inquiry.”
A police scene watch is still in place at the site where the body was found and is likely to remain for several days.
Christopher Symons, 63, of Thackeray End, Aylesbury, has been charged with Ms Goodband’s murder. Former Aylesbury Town Council employee Robert Taft, 59, of Kings Close, Westcott, has been charged with perverting the course of justice in connection with the case.
The pair appeared in court for initial proceedings last week. They are next due to appear at Reading Crown Court on April 22 for a plea and case management hearing.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
- White hot Ellen fires Gunners in FA Cup thumping
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North