Many of Barclays’ ATMs in Bucks now have audio features to help blind and partially-sighted people.
Users can plug earphones into a jack and listen to the options being read out to carry out a transaction.
Previously, blind or partially-sighted people would need to ask someone else to help them access their money.
Pablo Vasquez, retail area director for Barclays in Buckinghamshire said: “This enhancement to our ATMs provides greater access and choice for people in Buckinghamshire.
“The functionality will benefit people with a range of disabilities including dyslexia, and other age-related impairments, as well as anyone who simply prefers to take information on board aurally rather than by reading.
“We hope the increased independence and privacy it offers will enable a new group of people to access ATMs and undertake an essential activity that so many of us take for granted.”
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Dixon to guest present ITV slot
- £16 million scheme to improve internet speeds in Bucks reaches milestone next week
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South