An Aylesbury man has been charged with attempted murder following an attack on a woman.
Darren Stenhouse, of Belgrave Road, has been charged with one count of attempted murder.
The 38 year old is due to appear at Aylesbury Magistrates’ Court this morning.
The charge is in connection with an incident in the same street on Tuesday in which a 30-year-old woman suffered head and arm injuries.
She was taken to hospital for treatment and has since been discharged.
Police were called to Belgrave Road at 11.40am on Tuesday after the woman was seriously assaulted.
Following a search of the surrounding area, police found and arrested Mr Stenhouse in Faraday Road at 12.24pm.
Detectives questioned Mr Stenhouse for several hours before charging him with attempted murder.
Investigating officer Det Insp Christopher Inness said: “This is being treated as an isolated incident and a full investigation is under way.”
If you have information call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Dixon to guest present ITV slot
- £16 million scheme to improve internet speeds in Bucks reaches milestone next week
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 8 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South