An Aylesbury man accused of murdering his wealthy female business partner has been refused bail by a judge.
Christopher Symons is alleged to have killed 76-year-old Patricia Goodband and buried her body in the five-acre grounds of her £1million house.
The grandmother-of-two was initially reported missing by her daughter, but police later launched a murder investigation into her suspicious disappearance.
Symons, 63, was not in court for the 20-minute bail application hearing on his behalf at Reading Crown Court.
However, Judge John Reddihough declined bail and he remains remanded in custody.
The hearing was held in chambers. Mrs Goodband, who ran a successful building supplies company with Symons, was last seen in mid-December, but was not reported missing until January 9.
Police later found her body near to her house in Woodham, near Waddesdon on January 21.
A post-mortem examination found that she died from head injuries.
Symons, aged 63 years, of Thackeray End, Aylesbury, was charged with her murder.
Ex-council grave digger Robert Taft, 59, of Westcott, is charged with perverting the course of justice.
Both men are due in court to enter a plea on April 22.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
- White hot Ellen fires Gunners in FA Cup thumping
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North