More than nine out of 10 people enjoy living in Aylesbury Vale, according to a district council survey.
Of the residents questioned in Aylesbury Vale District Council’s residents’ satisfaction survey, 92% said they were happy living in the district.
In the same survey, 78% of respondents felt the council was doing a good job, 3% more than last year, while 73% said the authority provides value for money.
According to the survey, the area’s strengths are its safe environment, peaceful location and location in terms of easy access to other places for work, leisure or to shop.
The top three things seen as needing improvement are transport links, local services and local jobs.
Councillor Brian Roberts, cabinet member for civic amenities, said: “These results are impressive, particularly given the financial pressures on the council.
“They also show that many people, like me, love this area. We will be working hard to make sure we continue to deliver key services and great value.”
The survey comprised 2,203 telephone interviews. Interviewees were questioned at random on life in the Vale, the way the council runs things, anti-social behaviour and local democracy.
The findings will be presented to the council’s cabinet on March 12.
The full results will be on the council’s website shortly.
- First episode of Ice Age Giants documentary proves a hit
- Rock legends Argent unite for one last time in aid of paralysed Aylesbury teenager
- Pair in 'barbaric' terror attack
- Updated: Police seek key witness after motorcyclist seriously injured in car crash near Long Crendon
- Two injured as car rolls near Thame
- Health boss promises improvements at Stoke Mandeville Hospital following report
- Cox: BBC should do more to educate
- What a relief! Plans to build four runway international airport in Haddenham in 2030 officially scrapped
- Dixon to guest present ITV slot
- Plans for homes and park and ride at Weedon Hill rejected by district council
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Thame
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West