DCSIMG

Police reveal sex abuse victims were younger than 13 at time of alleged offences

Waiting for Video...
 

Pre-teen girls were the victims of alleged child sexual exploitation which dates back nearly 10 years, police said after carrying out dawn raids involving 120 officers.

Two girls are understood to have been subjected to a catalogue of abuse dating back to 2005 – but police believe more alleged victims could now come forward.

The men arrested so far are of Pakistani, Caribbean and Afghan origin. Police would not comment on whether they were known to each other. The alleged victims were white, British girls, police said.

At a press conference on Tuesday, Aylesbury police chief Olly Wright called for communities to stay calm.

He said: “Child sexual exploitation is something that affects all parts of the community.

“There is a spread of ethnic backgrounds in this case. Our policy is to work together with victims, no matter what background they come from, and bring offenders to justice no matter what background they come from.”

He said that more victims could yet come forward and appealed for people with information to get in touch.

Seven men were arrested at addresses in Aylesbury, two in Chesham, one in Milton Keynes and one in Buckingham during ‘Operation Articulate’.

Police refused to give details of the addresses.

A further man was arrested for an immigration offence, and police say they have visited other Aylesbury homes in connection with the alleged crimes.

The men arrested were:

32-year-old man from Aylesbury

45-year-old man from Aylesbury

34-year-old man from Aylesbury

32-year-old man from Milton Keynes

31-year-old man from Aylesbury

35-year-old man from Buckingham

40-year-old man from Aylesbury

35-year-old man from Aylesbury

28-year-old man from Aylesbury

40-year-old man from Hayes, Middlesex

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news