Firefighters were called to an historic Missenden building after a gas leak.
Two fire crews rushed to Missenden Abbey at 5.48pm yesterday (Tuesday) after a 10kg gas cylinder was found venting in the basement.
Firefighters used a fan and two sets of breathing apparatus and removed the cylinder to fresh air.
The abbey was built in 1133 and, as well as religious purposes, has been used for adult learning and is today a Bucks New University training facility.
It was devastated by a fire in 1985 but restored and reopened three years later.